FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
sebastians chess set

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stussy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: sebastians chess set Reply with quote

Hi guys,has anybody seen this ..... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234458039238
read this guys description. Shocked
stussy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the description before it ends

This auction is for a complete chess set and ?working? chess board

It is a 100% accurate replica of the filming ?hero?. The majority of pieces cast from the original production molds with the exception of the King?s and the Pawn?s , this set was cast and the set board, were fabricated in 2008 by myself

The King originally was a standing erect figure of a chained eagle, the production team wanted a more noir ?dystopian? feel so the prop master used a process called ?sintering? to re-mold both eagles in a stooped pose , the Pawns originally were kingfisher?s In the commercial set, this changed at some point in a half kingfisher and the other half wren?s set, production wanted a more ?aggressive? looking wren. So the prop master sculpted a wren in a fighting posture, about to leap off a branch and attack , this was the piece that nearly halted filming as they hadn?t been given enough time , to have them counterweighted for balance- so they kept falling over and breaking their beaks , the prop-master posed a very simple solution, which saved the day and I?ll share that, with the the successful bidder, as it?s obvious when examining the pieces. I will also share the complete history of the set , a commercial set Is still available from Hoyle?s in Oxford ( I think made to order) there is a history of how Hoyle?s came to make this reproduction on the internet, unfortunately it does contain a few minor errors , but one statement is true , I and Rick Ross (USA) are the only two individuals to have produced accurate replica?s and I?m the only one , who makes the electroluminescent glass chessboard .

As well as this I have another set , with kingfishers All the other pieces are identical to the rest .

Confused
Pierre990429
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird & overpriced. Looks like poor cast, imho. Better buy the Hoyle's of Oxford one, if it's still available.

https://hoylesoxford.com/products/british-birds-chess-pieces-blade-runner?_pos=3&_sid=85c80eda8&_ss=r&variant=31789980319813

Ah, sold out, but the "British Birds" is still there.
stussy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a hoyles set.i was just amazed at the description this guy is giving.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: