FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
...of mice and men for birds and blasters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: ...of mice and men for birds and blasters. Reply with quote

Best laid plans...

Hi,

Over the past fews years I have been promising that I would finish my chess set and Enforcer projects. For reasons ranging from health to family tragedy, I have just been unable to make any decent headway on these projects until recently. With the completion of my "Sebastian's Immortal Game", I have been able to get back on track, somewhat. I appreciate everyone's continued interest and support in, and of my many projects over the years. Because of one last pitfall in my life, with the loss of my job in New York, I have had to move from there and I have recently set up residence in Maryland. I hope that soon I will be able to find gainful employment here so that I may continue to work on the aforementioned projects, as well as, a few other items that have been in development for the past 3 years. Although I sound like a broken record by now, I ask for your continued patience with me until I can secure a new workspace in my new state. Unlike my previous residence in NYC, I no longer have a live/work environment. As soon as I have a workspace, I intend to finish what I think will be the last of my BR inspired projects. They are, as follows:

1.) Sebastian's Chess Set ------------------------ 100% finished

2.) The Enforcer (aka Zhora's Gun) ------------- 90% finished

3.) The Talon (aka Gaff's Gun #1) --------------- 60% finished

4.) The Raptor (aka Gaff's Gun #2) -------------- 50% finished

5.) The Prowler B.U. (aka Gaff's Gun #3) ------- 30% finished

Unless I step sideways into a parallel dimension and I am never heard from again, I hope to have these projects completed before I see another winter. I respectfully ask again for your patience with me. To paraphrase Forest Gump, I've got to put my past behind me. And, althought these five projects reside just beyond tomorrow, they are in fact already a part of my past. So I am destined to finish them.

Thank you for indulging me.

Sincerely,

Rick

www.reddragonkipplecompany.com
www.pflagerkatsumata.com
www.ricklross.com
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no hurry Mr.Ross.Family and health come first even over BR blasters!I'm sure everybody is glad to here you are back in the saddle,so to speak.I for one have loved the Enforcer design from day one and have been fascinated with the idea of what Gaff might carry as well.Looking forward to seeing these things realized. Very Happy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any indulgence from you is something that we all look forward to with GREAT excitement Rick.

You have had more than your fair share of trials and tribulations over the past years mate and it goes without saying that I sincerely wish you luck in getting your road smoothed over again.

As you know I'm a HUGE fan of your work and I wish you only the very best of things...

Regards

MARK

panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you back and look forward to your future art.
Best wishes for you and yours.
Ben
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You take all the time you need to develop your work. I think we all know it's worth the wait, whatever that wait may be! Wink

It's always nice to see you on the boards, and I hope you don't feel like you need to be producing props to hang out and chat with us.

I hope you have good luck finding work in Maryland. I know from personal experience that it's a tough thing to go through.

Looking forward to what you have cooked up for the Gaff guns. Sounds very cool.

sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick, not sure what part of MD you've moved to but if you're around you should stop in at Shore Leave at the Hunt Valley Marriott the weekend of July 9-11. You can hang out at most of the convention sans badge and get to know some people. There are some folks around that could probably help you out with some work-space if you need it. At minimum, it's a good time.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you'll be back on the saddle and on this/other board(s) as well. I wish you luck in your new environment/slice of life and am eager to see all those project come to frutition.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this update on your long awaited next projects, Rick... but take it easy, personal life first, this is "just" a Hobby after all...

Wink

Please take your time, we all know here it'll be worth the wait when we have your next kits in hand !

Take care & à bientôt !

Fred
Matsuo
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do what you have to to get get a workshop... food shelter and lodging should come second...LOL

Удачи и хорошего настроения!

M
nyreaper
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey rick, sorry things have not been good for you of late but really glad to see you back at the hobby!!
can't wait to see the Gaff blasters!!
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I second all that has been said before, get youself sorted out ,we all can wait for your products, I know - I was chasing you on the Chess Set as I've sculpted my own version, but your's really captures the mood and I want a set when you get round to selling them , from one amateur Prop maker to a 'Master Builder' , get yourself back as soon as you can - you are sorely missed !! my warmest and best regards
nyreaper
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news / updates on the new models?
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so incredibly good to hear from YOU....you can count the icons of this "hobby" on one hand (maybe two) and you are ONE of them....
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you all, again. I really do appreciate your patience and understanding. I just wanted to let you know that I have made some progress on securing a temporary workspace, and hope to have some items available very soon. Top on the list is the chess set project. I will do a limited run of my set for those who are interested in that one. This will be followed by limited runs of the Enforcer, the Talon, the Raptor, and the Prowler.

Unfortunately, I tend to work very slow, but I assure you I will see all of these projects to the end. I hope they will be worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Rick

www.reddragonkipplecompany.com
www.pflagerkatsumata.com
www.ricklross.com
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doppelganger01 wrote:
Hi,

This will be followed by limited runs of the Enforcer, the Talon, the Raptor, and the Prowler.

I don't know what half of these are, but put me down for 1 of each!

Glad to see you taking these on!

Thanks!
panaflex
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing all your new work. Glad to hear things are easing up enough for you to do things like find workspace.
Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: