FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Inspired Project of Mine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feuyaer
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:47 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner Inspired Project of Mine Reply with quote

Hey all! Long time, no see. For the past couple years I've been building worlds in Unity3D for a social VR platform, and while most get a few thousand visits by users, this one has really taken off! Lots of first timers, but I think there's a handful who continue to visit time and time again for the atmosphere, and some people even seem to fall asleep in VR to it.

25k visitors might sound like a small number when compared to things like website hits or YouTube views, but I see it this way: a link can be visited on a flat screen and closed/minimized in a moment, but a visit to a VR world is a full-on immersive experience, during which the creator has full control, in 360 degrees, what the visitor sees, hears, and by extension, feels, during their stay. It's honestly intoxicating to use my digital skills to create something, put on a head-mounted display, and feel quite tangibly what I've made. Soooo satisfying.

As a lifelong BR fanatic, I've always been looking for better ways to connect with the world and those aesthetics we all love so much, and this is my best opportunity to do so, short of visiting a BR film/tv set!

Now, this isn't just a Blade Runner recreation, but rather a world that is very very obviously inspired with it, mixed with some of the more colorful dizzying skyscrapers of Akira. Though, I've inserted lots of references and BR easter eggs.

-----
This video is a little out of date, I've added more detail and polish since, but this is close enough.

https://youtu.be/oBu44p9VqPs
-----

While it's a completely different experience in 2D on a computer screen, devoid of...well, all of the immersion, you can still visit without VR!

Just download "VRChat" on Steam, make an account, and then you can use this link to launch the map: https://vrchat.com/home/world/wrld_1a821349-8fce-42ba-b566-cb9f668c9ec7[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: